Teeth whitening is a fast and an easy way to a beautiful smile.
If you are conscious about your discolored teeth, then professional teeth whitening at Gill Dental is a quick and an affordable solution to make your smile vibrant and attractive.
We provide professional teeth whitening with results you just can't get at home with over-the-counter products.
What Causes Tooth Discoloration?
Teeth can change color or become stained due to a number of reasons that include:
- Aging- With age the enamel on our teeth becomes thinner, hence, the dentin below the surface starts to show through. This is what causes the yellowish cast with age.
- Consumption of acidic drinks such as coffee, tea, red wine or soda.
- Use of cigarettes and other tobacco based products.
- Poor eating habits- It has been proven by the American Dental Association (ADA) that an unhealthy diet including processed foods, candy, juices etc. can ruin the color of your teeth.
- In children, during tooth formation, consumption of antibiotics like tetracycline or doxycycline or even excessive fluoride can cause tooth discoloration.
- Tooth injury
- Poor oral hygiene
What do I need to know about Professional Teeth Whitening?
At Gill Dental we create custom fitted teeth whitening trays that fit thoroughly and snugly against your teeth. A custom fitted tray increases the length of time and thoroughness of the prescription-strength whitening gel's contact with the teeth. This ensures a dramatic whitening effect in just a few days. Dr. Gill will advise you on how long you should wear each application.
If your gums and teeth are healthy, you are a good candidate for the teeth whitening procedure. Although, many dentists consider whitening as the safest cosmetic dental procedures available, it is not recommended for children under 13 years of age and pregnant women.
Call our office today to find out more about getting a confidence boosting white smile.